Asset management Group
Human Resource Officer
Head of Operations
The Human Resources Officer will develop and administer all human resource initiatives and provide HR support to all departments of Asset Management Group/ Murtala Muhammed and provide tactical and strategic consultation on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives.
Responsibilities and Functions
· Maintain all personnel policies and procedures and provide guidance and interpretation to staff
· Masterminds all Human Resources activities covering the envisioning, conceptualization, design, development and delivery of HR systems, structures, processes, and policies and help create an enabling and nurturing work environment that makes it easier for employees to deliver consistently superior levels of performance
· Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting more than one functional group
· Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations to Management for improvement of organization’s policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters
· Employee Relations: point person for all staff regarding HR matters.
· Provide needed advisory support to Managers and other Employees across the company on day-to-day people management issues thereby enriching and enabling their people-related, and business decision-making efforts
· Conduct full-cycle recruitment of new employees, including placing advertisements, developing contacts with recruiting sources, interviewing, consulting with internal hiring managers and managing orientation and onboarding process
· Coordinate employee training and development initiatives. Support management in identifying development needs and facilitate development activities (on individual, team, and organizational level).
· Maintain all personnel files
· Oversee performance evaluation procedures
· Provides guidance and input on business restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
· Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
· Evaluating key HR metrics for monitoring performance
Skills and Competences
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong business acumen.
· Knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
· Compliance with policies and procedures.
· Attention to details and time management
· Comfortable working independently when needed, or as part of a team
· Strategic thinker and have strong negotiation skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
· Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution
· People and relationship Management Skill
· Relationship Management Skill
· Core HR skills including leadership, development, succession planning, remuneration, performance, employee relations, the law governing people in the workplace, and health and safety.
· Good knowledge of labour law
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality
· A minimum of bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.), 2nd Class Upper Division in Social Sciences, Humanities, or any other related field.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience, 2 of which should be purely in Human Resource function.
· Membership of relevant professional bodies (CIPM, CIPD, SHRM) and possession of the Human Resource Practitioner License will be an advantage.
· Microsoft (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Internet (web browsers, email, social media sites etc)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com