Website eRecruiter Nigeria
Our client is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy.
Position Title : Head of Service
Department : Service
Location : Lagos
Reports to : Managing Director
The Head of Service is a senior manager responsible for leading a team of managers, staff, and contractors to provide customer service and ensure excellent customer satisfaction across their country of operation. The Head of Service will translate overall company objectives into country-level service targets and priorities, and use his/her experience and creativity to develop and execute strategies to achieve these service targets. This role offers an excellent opportunity to self challenge, drive results with excellence and innovate within the confines of a fast-growing start-up organization. OGE provides the Head of Service with initial training in country headquarters and unlimited career growth opportunities through training, support and coaching.
● Respond to all service request promptly and meet or exceed OGEstandards of customer service
●Every service encounter leaves a customer’s happy and satisfied. Provide thorough customer education and make sure that the system and appliances are working well and installed properly
● Operations Management: Retail shops, field teams, and call center operate effectively and efficiently
● Customer Cohort Management: Customer cohorts are well-designed with retail and field staff organized for maximum service delivery
● Staff Management: Supervise Service Territory Managers and Call Center Manager
● Inventory Safety: Service staff and contractors store and transport inventory safely; damages and losses are minimal
● Inventory Efficiency: Inventory moves throughout the country promptly and according to all company processes and procedures
● Inventory Accounts Management: All inventory accounting is up-to-date
● Create Value: Add value to our customer’s service through consistent implementation of efficient service delivery practises
● Demonstrate strong upward and downward leadership within the service organization
● Proactively collaborate and link the service organization with other departments
● Provide excellent leadership and mentor-ship to country-wide service team
● Strategy: Formulate, translate and implement OGE service strategy and business objectives into field operations within your country
● Retail & Field Service: Ensure effective and efficient operations across the country through consistent compliance with processes and policies
● Staff Management: Supervise Service Field Managers
● Planning: Create and implement weekly, monthly and quarterly plans to drive service results and meet set targets
● Business Performance Tracking: Track and analyze KPIs to identify critical patterns and recommend appropriate actions to Field Service and Call Center managers
● Staff Oversight: Facilitate individual / group check-ins to drive efficiency and accountability down the organization
● Performance reviews: Assess performance for Service Territory Managers and Call Center Manager, and ensure scorecards are completed monthly for all service staff
● Live to serve: Demonstrate excellent leadership to your team through leading by example
● Staff development: Create a platform for your team to shine by enhancing their knowledge and skills through training, support, mentorship and coaching
● Develop annual budgets based on operational and financial targets
● Opex control: Ensure that all finances within the service organization meet OGE’s budget objectives and comply with finance SOPs & Policies, this includes but not limited to: all field, retail, and call center Opex, agent commissions, Staff overtimes etc.
● Ensure that inventory ordering process and weekly inventory reconciliations are completed correctly and on-time
● Reinforce control over damages and losses as the final decision maker for inventory accounts
● Participate in designing, improving, and implementing strategies to improve last mile inventory efficiency
Building a Vibrant
● Participate and engage actively in the last mile service delivery activities not limited to customer homes visit and community events within your territory
● Cultivate and embed OGE culture within your team through active and passive participation in individual / group meetings and social events
Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Drive for results
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Managing and measuring
Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions; broadly shares both responsibility and accountability; tends to trust people to perform; lets direct reports finish their own work.
Building effective teams
Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each persons hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
Language Skills Fluent in both English and Swahili (Tanzania – only)
● Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline a/o relevant qualification is preferred. Master’s degree and beyond is an additional advantage.
● Professional qualifications in Customer Service is an additional advantage.
● 5 years of MANAGEMENT experience and/or at least 3 years of Senior Management experience is highly preferred.
● 2+ years of experience in a relevant field is an additional advantage (preferred: renewable energy, telecom, or FMCG)
● Willingness to work a variety of hours as business demands, including late nights, weekends, and holidays.
● Flexible to travel within the service territory on both planned a/o impromptu schedule.
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.erecruiterafrica.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=7bFfrqWayytG7x7fCG6DFdWFgz0173K6zGsdTvo9daY-&embedsource=Embed →