Medecins Du Monde
POSITION 1: Nutrition Supervisor
SUPERVISOR: NUTRITION/NURSE TRAINER
SUPERVISES: Technical supervisor for Nutrition Programme Staff
MDM provides CMAM services, including OTP, IYCF, Health Education and community engagement activities alongside all its health activities. MDM is seeking a Nutrition Supervisor to oversee these activities under the supervision of the Nutrition/Nurse Trainer
• As a key member of the Nutrition and Medical Programme team fully participates in key decision making for the Nutrition activities in the operation areas.
• The primary functions of the Nutrition Supervisor is to provide technical supervision and overall day to day management of all Nutrition programming, and to participate in defining intervention priorities, develop necessary contacts and relationships with government, non-government, nutrition partners, donors and UN agencies at the state level.
• Ensure that MDM programme is delivering the highest level of quality of nutrition services in line with national and international guideline.
• The Nutrition Supervisor will be responsible for the overall management of the day to day nutrition and nutrition integrated Programme activities at MDM field Sites
• Provision of formal and on-the-job trainings to MDM Nutrition teams, including Community Mobilizers, Community Health Extension Workers, OTP Dispensers, OTP screeners and other MDM staff
• Liaison with MoH, Nutrition Sector and UNICEF Nutrition Programme to ensure smooth running and coordination of the activities
• Ensure all communities are kept well informed of the programme,
• Support the trainer on providing of ongoing training for SMoH staffs with special emphasis to develop ownership of the programme by SMoH staff and build their capacity to sustain the programme.
• Liaise closely with Medical Supervisors in all MDM field sites to ensure smooth running of the activities and respond in a timely manner to any issues that arise
• Ensure effective communication on the programme status to MDM Senior Management
• Update the Nutrition Trainer on the implementation of the CMAM/IYCF-E and MNP on weekly basis.
• Work with State MoH, and other officials to ensure all aspects of programme understood and agreed to implement the programme
• Work closely with community mobilizers and community mobilizer supervisors on effective home visits (absentees, defaulters, non-respondents, transfers etc), sensitizations and active case findings.
• Follow up management of stocks with the dispensers/pharmacists; monitor rates of consumption and ensure supplies are ordered in a timely manner
• Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge, non-responding, and transfer to and from the various components of the programme, all medical and nutritional protocols, and their application/OTP services.
• Ensure the beneficiaries, caretakers and members of the community are treated respectfully at all times
• Lead regular nutrition team management meetings
• Report any problems in a timely manner to the Nurse/Nutrition trainer
• Prepare monthly progress reports and statistic reports and an end of project final report for submission to the Nutrition trainer
• Ensure all MDM supported HF are equipped with all necessary tools and materials (e.g. MUAC, scales, drugs, RUTF, counselling cards, referral guides),
• Conduct follow up on referrals in line with MDM referral policy
• Ensure the accurate collection of field data and submission to the M&E Officer, informing them of any challenges
• To ensure stock cards are maintained for all items received, separated by donor and reconcile to all store documents in collaboration with the Pharmacists
• To ensure assets are safe guarded and included on the monthly update of assets to Logistics
• Assist in any other tasks when required
• Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to Health Program Coordinator
• Participate in MDM internal meetings (medical, security)
• Attend to external medical meetings (nutrition sector) in collaboration with Medical Coordinator or Health Program Coordinator or Nutrition Trainer request
I. Hierarchical links
Line manager: Nutrition/Nurse Trainer
Technical manager: Health Program Coordinator.
NUTRITION SUPERVISOR JOB REQUIREMENT
• Previous experience in CMAM, IYCF and MNP programs
• Good experience of data collection, reporting and analysis
• Excellent English and Hausa communication skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent organizational, training and coaching skills in health/nutrition
• Leadership, good management and ability to make decisions
• Previous experience as a nutrition supervisor
• Education: a diploma or a university degree in a relevant discipline
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Able to prioritize and to be flexible
• Ability to work under stressful situation
• Problem solving ability
• Excellent computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Pack
• Willingness to travel to Damboa to mentor and monitor activities
• Previous experience with INGOs
• Assessment and analytical skills
• Ability to represent MDM in external and nutrition sector meetings will be of added value
POSITION 2: ICT ASSISTANT
II- Hierarchical & Functional links
The Maiduguri works under the responsibility of the Base Logistician.
He support the base logistician to maintain IT equipement and communication
III- Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1: IT
Provide design, deployment and maintenance of MdM ITC Infrastructure:
– Assist in supervision of the execution of various projects with an IT dimension
– Assist the Log Base in Design and Plan the implementation of each task, included the budget-related aspects, with the Heads of the affected Departments
– Be at the disposal of the Log base for any other tasks they deem necessary · Fulfil the following tasks (some of them being covered in the IT SOP):
1. Provide new starters with IT equipment set up to their needs
2. Manage the networks across all sites
3. Manage network prioritization due to limited bandwidth
4. Develop and put in place sound back-up systems
5. Establish and enforce various IT policies (setting up e-mails, use of internet, accounts deletion, etc)
6. Provide resolution to IT issues (repairs and maintenance)
Objective 2. Radio Communication
– Assure the VHF radio stand-by according to the planning, procedures and logistician instructions
– Monitor the MDM frequencies and clear them from none authorized users
– Fill the radio logbook (Location, date and hour of important messages or events)
– Stay close to the radio during his/her working time (to be able to hear all radio calls).
Facilitate the communication between the bases and the employees
– Transmit messages between bases
– Relay messages from bases or vehicles when the signal is low
– Take messages and transmit them to the appropriate or intended person
Control the radio equipment installation and maintenance
– Check that the batteries are charged.
– Check that the connections are tightened
– Check that the radio equipment are kept in good condition and clean them every day
– Update the call-signs and all important documents concerning the radio communication in collaboration with the deputy log base;
Assure the radio contacts
– Make contact with bases and vehicles on the field as soon as possible in the morning (at 8h00 with the drivers) and every day.
– Make contact with the vehicles and other bases according to the procedures or instructions given by the Logistician
– Conduct the 16h00 radio contact (Situation, location of vehicles) and refer to the deputy Log base for eventual messages to send or receive from other bases
Tracking the vehicles that are on the field
– Monitor the movements of vehicles when they are outside of base
– Track the movements between bases and contact at predefined points or time
Any other task might be asked by the line manager according to the department workload.
Education (Essential) Degree and post-graduate qualifications (or equivalent) in IT/Networks Professional Experience 2 Years
(Computer, Report Writing, Good knowledge of electrical, Hardware and software maintenance and moving is mandatory
Report Writing, Willing and able to live and work in demanding field conditions
Additional Skills Consciousness and highly observant,
(English, Burmese etc) Fluent in Hausa , Kanuri, reasonable understanding an writing of English
Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
Other requirement if any Flexible working hours, Healthy and Physical capability of moving equipment, Ability to prioritize tasks and to solve problems; Ability to follow instructions, Ability to work both independents and as an effective team member, Ability to think and communicate clearly with others
Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
Rigor, serious, honesty, accuracy
POSITION 3: LOG OFFICER (DAMBOA)
Hierarchical & Functional links
The Damboa Logistics Officer works under the responsibility of the Base Logistician.
He supports the base logistician for all support need it in the base (office and guest) function including:
– Drivers and Guard supervision,
– Fleet management
– Equipment and stocks management,
– Project team support,
– Field activity visit,
– Team management.
III. Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Responsible for supervising the logistic support in collaboration with the Base Log.
1. Ensure the efficient management of resources (fleet, Assets, utilities)
2. Ensure the good weekly vehicle planning
3. In collaboration with the drivers and car hire vehicle ensure on time repair & maintenance of fleet vehicle. When vehicle moving for the maintenance and repair, he must remove the MDM stickers and put it back when the vehicles back at office
4. ensure on time repair & maintenance of Generator
5. Monitor the purchase of fuel for vehicles and generator;
6. Anticipate the vehicle needs for base in relation with project & office activities
7. Ensure the rehabilitation of premises, clinic & regular check.
8. Ensure the participation of logistics in selection of premises for projects & offices
9. Ensure that communication means are available for professional work (internet, telephone etc.)
10. In collaboration with the log base, conduct the logistics assessments in the field whenever required, and provide the support to team in the field.
Objective 2: Equipment management and ITC
1. In collaboration with the base logistician anticipation for the need of equipment for the base
2. Ensure the good usage and maintenance of A MDM equipment, (cleaning, security, protection; maintenance) … each extra equipment must be in secure metallic locked metallic shelve locked, inventory doc must be stick inside the door of the shelves.
3. Ensure the tracking of equipment (Physical inventories at least once each 3 months, ensure that all equipment is labelled, if not he must refer it to the log base.
4. Update on monthly basis the asset equipment list;
5. Ensure that each staff when he received an equipment as sign the reception of equipment and keep it update. (when staff give back is equipment at the end of his contract make sure after checking the equipment state the staff sign the return of equipment form;
6. Ensure that each equipment has an ID card, if not must refer to his supervisor,
7. In case of any breakdown of any equipment, ensure that the following document is submitted at the base log: Report of the breakdown from how and when it’s happen and who.
8. With support of the log base, make sure proper utilization of IT equipment (each staff need to clean his laptop, not put it under water, shadow, dusty) etc.
9. Be sure that each staff has cleaning materiel his computer (small brush, tissue, computer spray)
10. Ensure that the guard follow up the procedure of: all Handset VHF are on charge every day after duty, and follow the procedure of: before putting on charge, empty fully the battery then start the recharge,
Object 3: Base Meeting and Report
• Participate meetings with logistics base staff or take meeting minutes for staff base meetings as required, in close collaboration with the log base
• Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the movement planning once a week,
• Participate with the Log base at the monthly SITREP, each mast week of the month
• Participate with the Log base at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (vehicle and generator fuel and maintenance follow up, Asset equipment inventory, none asset inventory, purchase follow up) etc.
• Field visit report should be done in case of any clinic visit, and send it to the base Log
Objective 5: Team management
1. In collaboration with the log base, adaptation of team according to the workload (including daily labour & temporary recruitments)
2. Provide technical support to team on logistics’ issues
3. Participate in the recruitment with the Log base.
4. Conduct the appraisal interview for drivers and guard
5. Participate in disciplinary actions
6. In collaboration with the log base, identify the training needs conduct/ arrange the training for them
7. Make sure HR rules / guidelines followed in management of team.
Objective 4: Security and context follow up
• Inform the Log base on any evolution of the local context;
• Report to the log base in case of security incident;
• Implementation of emergency measures, if required, under the supervision of the Log base.
TO APPLY, CLICK ON LINK BELOW
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclwIt3wH5Mmvg28DytSPIx9ryJFLy9qLBLs1vjUyp_Qnk3AA/viewform?usp=pp_url →