NGO Jobs in Abuja
Our client, a survey driven organization requires the service of a cooperate secretary. Your role plays a critical role in fostering communication and ensuring proper management and utilization of important organizational records and report to Head of Admin
Location – Abuja
· The secretary of the corporation is an active conduit for communication between the board, management, and members by giving proper notice of any meetings and timely distribution of materials such as agendas and meeting minutes.
· You should be knowledgeable of the organization’s records and related materials, and should be able to provide advice and resources to the board on relevant topics at issue, such as particular governance matters being addressed at a meeting or a new amendment to state corporate law,
· You are tasked with knowing and complying with notice requirements and scheduling meetings to accommodate the directors.
· You will be responsible for scheduling board meetings and should ensure an adequate number of meetings are held per year, in accordance with the organization’s bylaws. Generally, a board can more efficiently and effectively hold a board meeting when the secretary prepares and sends meeting materials far enough in advance of the meeting for each director to review such materials, correct any errors, and prepare questions and comments.
· You will also be charged with recording minutes of meetings. Minutes are an important organizational document and provide a memorialized chronology of key information such as board actions, elections of officers or directors, and certain reports from committees and staff.
· As the custodian of the organization’s records, the secretary is responsible for maintaining accurate documentation and meeting legal requirements, such as annual filing deadlines.
· Develop and distribute a board calendar before the start of each year
· Understand what to record and what not to record when taking minutes
· Maintain a board binder containing the governing documents, key governance policies, minutes of board meetings, and written consents
· Consider using appropriately secured electronic storage of key documents as a backup
· Ensure adequate comparability data is attached to board actions which rely on such information (e.g., for purposes of getting a rebuttable presumption of reasonableness)
· Perform other duties assigned
· HND/BSc/OND in secretarial studies or any relevant program
· 5-10 years relevance work experience as a secretarial administration of an international organization or an NGO is an advantage
· Experience of corporate/organizational financial management is preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft packages – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Excellent managerial and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
· Excellent diplomatic and networking skills
· Ability to communicate and lead change initiatives with a proven capacity to inspire, encourage, build trust and confidence, and to drive forward collective actions.
· Ability to negotiate effectively and constructively
· Proven ability to demonstrate awareness of cultural sensitivities and to act in a fair, inclusive and respectful way when dealing with others.
Salary Range – 150,000, plus other benefits
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified candidates should forward CV with application to email@example.com using Corporate Secretary as subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org