An employment agency in Nigeria
Our client, a digital solution company requires the service of Database engineer. You will work with the Lead Database Engineer and engineering teams to ensure that all database related tasks are delivered. You will be an integral part of the development team and will be first respondent to database problems that arise and carry out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting and report directly to the Database Lead, Head of Engineering
Location – Lagos
• Monitor performance of database systems resources and query throughput
• Monitor and maintain database storage resources
• Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment, and database statistics
• Maintain database documentation as required
• Maintain and administer database security access
• Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores
• Trouble shoot and resolve database connectivity issues
• Proactively monitor and respond to database Alerts.
• Use of BI tools to deliver reporting requirements across cross-functional teams
• Data modelling and table design in adherence to best practices for data normalization and performance optimization
• Stored procedures, triggers, and user function development
• Cross-environment migration
• Schema creation
• Code optimization
• HND/B.Sc. in any engineering field
• 3-5 years’ experience in the use of stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions.
• Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including TSQL (mandatory), MySQL, Oracle and Postgres
• In-depth understanding of data management (e.g., permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
• A functional knowledge of business intelligence data mining and analysis tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Metabase) will be advantageous.
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail,
• A head for problem solving and teamwork skills
Annual Salary – N6,221,360 – N11,512,800
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward CV with application to firstname.lastname@example.org using Database Engineer as subject of the mail.
• Don’t bother to apply if you are not Proficient in data manipulation languages e.g., TSQL, MySQL, Oracle and Postgres
• Don’t bother to apply if you are don’t have functional knowledge of Power BI, Tableau, Metabase.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs.email@example.com