Website PG CONSULTING LIMITED
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for designing and analyzing various structures, providing detailed calculations about the strength and stability of structures. S/he will collaborate with various departments, from engineers to support and operations to ensure a plan is in motion for the safe construction of structures, and will be responsible for accurately working out the structural integrity of a proposed construction and ensuring it meets regulations such as health and safety.
Calculate the load and stress the construction will have to safely withstand.
Factor in the different qualities and strengths delivered by a range of building materials, and understand how to incorporate support beams, columns and foundations.
Investigate and survey of building sites to determine the suitability of the earth for the requirements of the upcoming project.
Co-ordinate and consult with other members of the project team, including engineers, environmental scientists, architects, etc.
Responsible for the organisation and delivery of materials and equipment for the needs of the construction project.
Supervise and manage on-site labour
Using computer modelling simulations to predict how structures will act under varying conditions, such as high winds, flooding or earth tremors
Calculating loads and stresses on structural foundations, beams and walls
Ensuring projects meet legal, environmental and health and safety standards
Working with designers to develop construction plans and blueprints
Assisting with renovations, or restoring heritage buildings to extend their lifespan and delivering progress reports
Prepare reports, designs, and drawings.
Make calculations about pressures, loads, and stresses.
Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
Education & General Requirements:
· BSc/HND in Civil or Structural Engineering.
· 2-3 years of work experience as a Civil or Structural Engineer.
· Experience in project management.
· Knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
· Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
· Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent communication and IT skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org