- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs.
- Studying and understanding requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Conduct research based on understanding of RFP
- Reporting findings and obtaining approval from senior management, when required.
- Writing proposals and liaising with other departments to align strategies.
- Familiarizing yourself with all products and services offered by our company.
- Attending networking activities to research and connect with prospective clients.
- Interpreting research specifications and developing a work plan that satisfies requirements.
- Review and improve concept notes/proposals initiated by scientists through, among other things, the development and articulation of the log frame, measurable outputs, outcomes and their deliverables and indicators.
- Manage the main course of proposal development, from idea generation to proper formatting and document preparation, ready for design.
- Ensure in-house established procedures and proposal quality-control mechanisms are followed;
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval, and coordinates requirements
- Recording findings by taking written notes and using appropriate software.
- A bachelor’s degree in research or similar.
- Complementary training/education in proposal writing or science writing is an advantage.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proven track record in development of successful project proposals.
- Strong familiarity with international donors and investors, and knowledge of their funding interests.
- Familiarity with use of log frames in formulation of results-oriented projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural work environment.
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to deliver when facing multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and familiarity with project management software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and exceptional written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in research and business development plan, experience in drafting concept notes and proposals for tech projects.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com